Lymphogranuloma Venereum (LGV)
- Insertive and receptive oral and anal sex
- Small ulcers on penis or inside anus
- Inguinal lymphadenopathy or anal inflammation causing pain, constipation, anal discharge and/or bleeding.
- LGV is caused by a more virulent strain of Chlamydia known as the L serovar. Detection is as for typical forms of Chlamydia with nucleic acid amplification (NAAT).
- Urethra: collect first voided urine (20-60mL), not midstream
- Rectum: swab. First moisten the swab with tap water. Then insert 4 cm into the rectum.
- Doxycycline 100mg BID for 3 weeks