- Physical contact
- Warts on penis and/or around anus
- None. Diagnosis is by visual inspection.
- Patient applied:
- Podofilox 0.5% solution or gel apply to wart BID for 3 days, followed by 4 days of no treatment. Repeat up to 4 times.
- Imiquimod 5% cream apply once daily at bedtime, 3 times a week for 16 weeks. Wash area 6-10 hours after application.
- Sinecatechins 15% ointment apply to warts TID for no more than 16 weeks
- Provider applied:
- Cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen. Repeat every 1-2 weeks.
- Podophyllin resin 10-25% apply to warts, use <0.5mL per session, wash area 1-4 hours after application. Repeat weekly.
- Trichloroacetic acid 80-90% apply to warts, repeat weekly.
- GARDASIL®9 (Human Papillomavirus 9-valent Vaccine, Recombinant)
- 0.5 mL IM administered at 0, 1-2 and 6 months.
- Gardasil-9 is recommended for all gay men regardless of age.
- Free through Public Health for gay men <26 years of age
- Covered by some insurance plans for men >26 years of age. Cost: ~$600